Monday, March 26, 2007

bad, bad blogger


Yes, I'm a bad blogger. I don't update nearly enough.

Anyway.. first off, the Bowl for Kid's Sake donation drive... thanks to the wonderful and supportive digi scrapping community, I'm just $15 from my goal :) Thank you everyone! Its not too late to donate, I am accepting donations through Friday. On Monday (we have a big weekend planned) I will announce the winner of the year of Sherri goodies!

Okay... on to other things...

I've been busy today! Not only did I finish a cute new kit (which will be at Elemental Scraps sometime Monday) but I did 2 element packs, started another and two layouts!

First off... my new kit. I have to show it off because I'm proud of it. My daughter was a little put out that I had done a boyish Easter kit and not made a kit for her. While this started out as an Easter kit, it didn't end up that way. I'm much happier with the end result though.

See? I told you it is cute! I had so much fun with this one. I didn't want to stop adding more goodies to it. When I was finished, I did something I rarely do... I scrapped with it! I don't take time often enough to scrap with my own kits but I was sorting through some old pictures and saw a batch of Easter ones from a few years back. I just had to scrap this one!


It seems like I am always scrapping Caity pictures. I promise, I do scrap my son now and then, lol. He is such a busy blur that I don't get as many pictures of him as I'd like... and Caity is 3.5 years older so I have tons more pictures of her of course. I took some fun ones of the boy on Saturday though. It had rained all day Friday and our back yard was a mud pit. The sand box was standing in water despite having the lid on it. Of course, the kids (especially Declan) decided it would be fun to play in it, water and all.
Melissa Bennet over at Elemental Scraps has this great kit called Mud Tracks. I was so excited when I realized that it was perfect for my mud pictures! Here's my layout using Melissa's fun kit...
Isn't my dirty boy cute? He was right back out there in the mud today... I can't seem to keep him clean, or ind0ors!

Anyway... its 3am here and I need to get myself to bed. Spring break is over and my girl goes back to preschool tomorrow. She is really looking forward to it, but I am not looking forward to getting up early with her. She has this funny sense and knows which days are school days and she gets up bright and early to be ready in time (though she doesn't go until after noon).

Before I go though... be sure to check out Elemental Scraps' designer challenge. Just one week left of challenges (my goal is to post a new one on Monday afternoon) and the participation prize for the last week will be a good one! Also, to wrap up my month as the featured designer I will be having a big sale... stay tuned!


5 comments:

lcdzines said...

I love your new kit Sherri- just beautiful!! Your layouts are great too :)

Tracey said...

Love the new kit, very pretty!!!

Angel said...

Love the new kit Sherri!! And great LO's

Jheri said...

lovely layouts. :)

Anonymous said...

Sherri, your new kit is just so purty. And I just love your layout.
Well done on having such a productive weekend.