Monday, January 19, 2009

new look, sale and more!

My poor blog was feeling quite inferior to all of the other pretty blogs out there so I had to give 'er a makeover! I must say, I'm pretty excited about the new look, new logo, slogan and such. To celebrate the occassion, I am even having a 50% off sale at my Elemental Scraps store! You can click on the graphic below to go right to the goods! :)

Photobucket

Anyway... the story of my logo, for those who are interested. I was a Valentine's Day baby and throughout my life hearts has been kind of a recurring theme. I was thinking about that as I sat down to design a new logo. I rifled through old products and came across my retired 'Love Grows' kit which had this doodle inside.

Within minutes it all clicked... art from the heart. It really says all I want to say. Our scrapbook layouts become a part of who we are. Each of them says a little something about us. One layout doesn't tell the whole story but all together they can let those around us peek inside and see who we really are. Scrapbooking, whether digital or paper, is such a personal and often emotional art form. Our layouts really and truly are art from the heart. And, just the same, my designs also come from the heart. I create products that say a little something about who I am and how I view the world around me. Each kit I create is a work of love. As I design I think about all of the wonderful layouts that will eventually be created with that kit and I feel priviledged to be able to contribute to someone else's expression of art (and heart!).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the new look, Sherri!! So simple and clean! Really, well done!

Anonymous said...

Sherrie I love it and what a great story behind the logo itself. You go girl.

Jenn said...

It looks great, Sherri!

Anonymous said...

This new look is awesome sherri and I totally love the slogan, it's so like you !!!

eph2810 said...

Your blog makeover looks marvelous. I love the sticker heart you have used on the board...