Sunday, July 17, 2011

summer sizzles, blogger fizzles

Ah, so my anniversary celebration kind of fizzled out. May isn't a great month for me. June and July haven't been much better. Well, I take that back, they have all been great months, just not productive months when it comes to keeping up with my design business. My kids got out of school just 2 weeks in to May and its been a crazy ride since. We had soft ball and t-ball and swim parties and summer events and a birthday... the list goes on. My baby (he's 5.5 but still my baby!) starts all day kindergarten in the fall and I'm one sad mama. I have had a child by my side nearly 24/7 for the last 9 years. The prospect of having 7 hours a day ALONE is both scary and exciting at the same time. I am sure I will miss the kids dreadfully but I am looking forward to having a little time each day to just be Sherri and not mommy. I dream of going to the library by myself... how crazy is that? I hate the thought of being in a quiet house all day with no one to talk to but I do look forward to being able to jump back in to designing without it taking away time from my family.

So, for my fellow SAHM friends who have school aged children, what do you do when your kids are in school? Do you catch up on sleep, read, pursue a hobby, waste time online, try new culinary dishes or tend to your house?

0 comments: